*They are not SJWs throwing a fit, they are Change Agents engaging in Recreational Outrage.*
My two new favorite words are:
- Change Agents
- Recreational Outrage
What is a SJW?
They are the Social Justice Warriors, the SJWs, the self-appointed thought police who have been running amok throughout the West since the dawn of the politically correct era in the 1990s. Their defining characteristics are:
- a philosophy of activism for activism’s sake
- a dedication to rooting out behavior they deem problematic, offensive, or unacceptable in others
- a custom of primarily identifying individuals by their sex, race, and sexual orientation
- a hierarchy of intrinsic morality based on the identity politics of sex, race, and sexual orientation
- a quasi-religious belief in equality, diversity, and the inevitability of progress
- an assumption of bad faith on the part of all non-social justice warriors
- an opinion that motivation matters more than consequences
- a certainty that they are the only true and valid defenders of the oppressed
- a habit of demanding that their opinions be enshrined as social customs and law
- a tendency to possess a left-wing political identity
- a willingness to deny science, history, logic, their past words, or any other aspect of reality that contradicts their current Narrative.
What is a Change Agent?
— D (@dcllive1) July 7, 2016
We can start to see the similarities in Vox’s definition of a SJW and the definition of a Change Agent from the School of Social Justice (you can notice the different perspectives):
“…a list of procedures that must change in order for us to achieve our business goals” (SSJ)
“a dedication to rooting out behavior they deem problematic, offensive, or unacceptable in others” (Vox)
“…students can be change agents in learning and teaching.” (SSJ)
“a certainty that they are the only true and valid defenders of the oppressed” (Vox)
What is Recreational Outrage?
I thought that I first heard the term, “Recreational Outrage” in Joe Rogan’s latest podcast episode with Milo. I rewatched the first part of it and could not find the quote from either guy. Maybe Milo just talked too fast and I missed it, or, they never said it.
Either way check out that podcast episode, it is great.
A quick Google search took me to a forum thread (from 2005):
“The poster derives (recreational) satisfaction from expressing outrage and moral indignation, frequently including a sense of moral superiority, thus differentiating Recreational Outrage from other forms of outrage.”
SJW Change Agent thinks they are effected by some issue. But they actually are not. They feel like they are. When they feel effected they “express righteous indignation” and a sense of “moral superiority” that makes them feel even better.
Becuase they actually have no stake in the matter and feel better about expressing their stupid thoughts, Change Agents are blindly engaging in Recreational Outrage.
Welcome to the School of Social Justice
is a participatory capacity building initiative for new and experienced change agents to strengthen the social policy analysis, community organizing, and action on social, political and economic justice
a broader vision for equity and justice for all Canadians through a transformational process for sector practitioners to become empowered leaders of social change in their communities as they become stronger champions for their clients and communities as well as a resource for the Council
When I read those sentences they do not make much sense to me. Linguistically yes, but they are empty semtences. No value and it lacks explanation (on purpose?)
It is almost as if they know that it lacks substance and actionable steps to do anything (like a lot of the millenials that support social justice). Just things they are going to do and build upon. Nothing that they have actually done or accomplished.
The powers that be will rebrand SJW to Change Agents.
When yet another student covers themselves in blood, distrups a speaker from giving a lecture, protests so called “racisim” for the sake of protesting, or throws insults and labels around like they no longer mean anything, just remember – this “positive” social change and moral superiority has been brought to you by your local School of Social Justice agency members.